Kyndall had qualified for State this year in swimming. This is her at one of her meets. Someday soon she will be back!
She is not having a very good day. She is not very alert and was hurting.
They just gave her something for it. Julie said she has the blues. They gave her a shower and hoped that would make her feel better. She is having lots of headaches and neck pain so they did another CT scan on her last night. It was ok. The body/brain is just bruised and needs to heal. Really the same news we already knew.
The doctor told them that it will be several days till she can go home. There is just too much still going on with her that needs to be watched plus she needs help walking. Not sure if she can't walk because of her being weak or because of her brain. Maybe a combination of both. She is seeing double vision so that wears her out too. She didn't sound very good on the phone which broke my heart. I understand though. The rest of this will come together in time. It is hard not to rush her but I thank the Lord for doctors who are being aggressive with her care. Takes time......... we will give
her all the time she needs!
Plus the prayers:)
Lauren, my 10 year old daughter is having a hard time with this. Kyndall is not just a cousin but her best friend. This weekend we will work on a letter and a care package of love. I am kind of stuck on what could we send her. Any suggestions? We were trying to think of something she could use or play with when she got home. With hurt shoulder, trouble walking, and her eyes not working just right kind of limits us. I know all of this will get better in time but Lauren wants to get her something for now. I know it will make Lauren feel better to send her some love. Thanks in advance for any ideas.......just stumped right now!

She is not having a very good day. She is not very alert and was hurting.
They just gave her something for it. Julie said she has the blues. They gave her a shower and hoped that would make her feel better. She is having lots of headaches and neck pain so they did another CT scan on her last night. It was ok. The body/brain is just bruised and needs to heal. Really the same news we already knew.
The doctor told them that it will be several days till she can go home. There is just too much still going on with her that needs to be watched plus she needs help walking. Not sure if she can't walk because of her being weak or because of her brain. Maybe a combination of both. She is seeing double vision so that wears her out too. She didn't sound very good on the phone which broke my heart. I understand though. The rest of this will come together in time. It is hard not to rush her but I thank the Lord for doctors who are being aggressive with her care. Takes time......... we will give
her all the time she needs!
Plus the prayers:)
Lauren, my 10 year old daughter is having a hard time with this. Kyndall is not just a cousin but her best friend. This weekend we will work on a letter and a care package of love. I am kind of stuck on what could we send her. Any suggestions? We were trying to think of something she could use or play with when she got home. With hurt shoulder, trouble walking, and her eyes not working just right kind of limits us. I know all of this will get better in time but Lauren wants to get her something for now. I know it will make Lauren feel better to send her some love. Thanks in advance for any ideas.......just stumped right now!
Anyway, Kyndall is still hanging in there. Just part of the healing process.
Thank you for praying.
14 comments:
I wish I had some suggestions! I'm sorry to hear she is having a rough day - but hopefully things will come together soon. We're praying for you all!
Does she have an ipod? Maybe send her an itunes gift card so she can download some music to cheer her up or a movie depending on what ipod she has.
Still praying!
I have a friend whose daughter has cancer and they spend a lot of time in the hospital. And they love getting new pillowcases. They just make her feel a little more at home. And I was thinking new PJs might be fun, (if she is able to wear PJs) and new fun, cozy sock would be fun. Just some silly ideas.
I have been praying for Kyndall.
<><
I will continue praying for Kyndall and Lauren, too, that her heart will be comforted during this hard time.
Whatever it is, not something that highlights what she lost. Play-Doh is comforting. It has helped my Butterfly deal with the frustrations that go along with a healing brain. Movies may or may not be difficult to watch. They increase Butterfly's h/a so we have to be careful. She enjoyed beadwork at first, using large beads. And lots of non-complicated games such as Battleship, Bumparena, Spirograph, and Memory. Expect her to have different abilities in even these simple things. Be prepared to encourage her through the frustration that goes along with this type of injury. My whole family is praying for her healing. And you as her family. The pj's and pillowcases are a good idea. Maybe some fabric paint to decorate the pillowcase. When FigNewTon was sick, her GS troop made her a special blanket she still treasures and sleeps with. God bless.
Was thinking of Kyndall today and glad to see you were able to talk with her on the phone, what a blessing.
My first thought was play dough...or clay that she can make something with and it will harden. Maybe fuzzy posters and markers, or even a simple coloring book, with easy pictures, and a box of crayons. I still love to color even as an adult. Of course she needs a stuffed animal or a body pillow to snuggle with. Does she have a favorite lotion from Bath & Body?
Continued prayers for Kyndall and all of you.
Blessings,
~K~
I love the itunes gift card idea if she has an ipod! Or if she doesn't have an ipod what about a CD? If her double vision goes away a movie would be a good gift as well as some of her favorite snacks. I was also thinking what about a poster or a picture of someone or something she likes. It could brighten her spirits to look at it. Your daughter could also make something like a hand-made card, a collage of things that remind her of Kyndall, or something else. I'm sure whatever you send will be great and will really bring a smile to her face.
I can't see the picture because my computer is being wierd. Just don't get it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Anyway, when I was a young girl I was sick and in bed for a month. They were very worried about me, but I was fine.
Anyway, my mom and grandma made up a grab bag. Every single day I got to select something out of it.
It was just little stuff, like a book, barettes, you know, inexpensive stuff.
But it gave me something to look forward to every day.
I did the same with my son when he got pretty sick once.
Perhaps you could buy some barretes, nail polish, a book, a tiny stuffed animal, funny socks, $1.oo flipflops from Target or the Dollar store, or whatever else girls like, wrap them up and give her instructions to only open one a day.
Just a thought. I know I loved it and my son did too. I did this with an adult once and he loved it too!
I am still praying for sweet Kyndall...I know she is getting restless in the hopsital. It is hard when they are older.
WEll as for ideas..how about something like some lotion and maybe some lip balm. A magizine like one of the teen ones with The stars in it..oh and some cute socks..
Okay hope that helped. Thinking of all of you.
Robin: I won't have internet for this next week because we are moving, but I have Kyndall in my prayer journal. I will continue to pray for her and her family. If I can I will get to a computer to check on her and others. Have a great weekend!
Okay, here are my suggestions for the care package:
My daughter Riley was given a little loom for beading multi-strand bracelets. I think my Dad got it at a BORDERS Book store of all places?! But that thing occupies ME (a grown woman) for HOURS! You don't have to do any major movement, but its time consuming and you wind up with some beautiful bracelets. It's a complete kit! Here's ours in action. My 9 year old loves it, so I would think a 12 year old would if I still do, too!
Then throw in some Hershey's "Kisses" & "Hugs" chocolates.
I am not sure what your budget is, but perhaps a small digital picture frame so she can see all the people who love her and are thinking of her?
Off the subject of the care package, more for the rest of the family, check out this website. http://www.untiljourneysend.org/ They may be able to help with some of the expense Kyndall's family is incurring during her hospitalization and the following recovery process.
I think the playdoh is a great idea as well as the jewelry-beading. She is definitely in my thoughts!
Post a Comment