Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lola had 11 puppies tonight!

Boy, where we ALL surprised too! The vet thought a week ago that she would only have 5 or 6 so you can imagine the shock we are in. Our sweet girl did great! She has always been such a loving dog and now she is loving on all her pups tonight (with our help of course). Life just got a little more interesting here at the Reed house!
Here is my sweet girl in labor. The 3L's were soooo excited!

11 puppies


One little sad note, we lost one tonight. She just never did breathe right from the time we brought her home. Sweet baby girl pup! We have 5 girls now and 5 boys.

Well, I hear lots of noises so I am sure it is time to eat!
Gotta help Lola out. Ha!


post signature


8 comments:

Stacey said...

OMGoodness!!! Did you sleep well last night? HaHaHa

Are You Serious! said...

♥ THEY ARE SO CUTE!!! Holy cow 11 babies... Lola is going to be a busy mama! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW Such exciting news! I haven't commented before, I don't think...but I found your blog when your niece had her accident and have been praying for her and your family since then. Please keep me in mind if you are interested in finding homes for Lola's puppies. We have been planning to adopt a puppy one day soon and they are just perfect!

Thanks so much! Angie Finlayson

E @ Scottsville said...

When I read "ELEVEN", my first thought was "brace yourselves". Anytime we've had high numbers like that, we've always lost one or two. Just too many of them to fight there way for food and the mom can't just keep track. Poor thing!

Well, I hope all the rest make it! They are DARLING.

MLP said...

They are precious!!!!!!!!!!!! The Pierces can't wait to come down and see them all in person! Can't wait to hear how it's going, too!!!

Congratulations, Grandma!!!

Tricia said...

Too fun! That's a lot of puppies! Glad Lola is doing well.

Jamie said...

Oh my, that is a LOT of puppies! You will have your hands full, but they are so cute. How exciting!

angie said...

Cute cute puppies!