I have been pretty luck when it comes to my nursing career. I have met some wonderful nurses who I look up to and they have become lifetime friends. On Tuesday, I closed the chapter in my nursing career as a surgery nurse. For sometime now the Lord has laid it upon my heart to get back into the field of nursing with kids. I started off as a NICU nurse, then a Pediatric ER nurse, and even a pediatric nurse for 12 doctors in Iowa. Children are my specialty and I feel like it is what I know best when it comes to nursing.
When we moved back to Texas a good friend gave me the opportunity to work as a surgery nurse a couple days a week and the rest stay at home with my youngest. It was the best of both worlds. Being a nurse which I LOVE and being a mommy which will always TOP every job I have ever had. With Landry almost in kindergarten my heart has been heavy to get back into peds. I just started praying about it. It amazes me how quickly God can act sometimes! The next week I got an offer to be a school nurse one day a week for a private school here in town. (the 3L's all have gone to preK here and loved it!) I took the job with pure excitement because I knew it was a gift from God. I love getting to take Landry to school and seeing him in the halls!
Then the Lord opened up more doors and put me into the Midway schools as a nurse. I am truly grateful for where He is taking me in my nursing career.
8 comments:
You are THE MOST beautiful, BEST nurse I've EVER EVER EVER known in all my life. I am so thankful that you've been my 24 hour on-call nurse/doctor since I met you that dreadful day when you helped save my Walker Man!!! I'll never, ever forget that. I'm glad for the new doors opening for you! I see great things in your future...any place is beyond lucky to get you as their nurse!!!
Wow, God is awesome (and FAST), isn't He?! =0)
Congrats on the new job!
Congratulations Nurse Robin! You've come to our rescue more than once:) The school is blessed to have you!!
What a lucky school to have you caring for their children! We have relied on school nurses for many things-you all are so very appreciated and needed.
Congrats on the new job. I can't help but think that you are an awesome mom. Blessings.
God faithfulness amazes me! How cool that you had an offer so soon? We are so glad to have you!(Ryan needs his eyes checked I'm afraid). You are a fantasic mom and nurse!
Wow, I am so happy for you! You are an amazing woman! Congratulations!!!
I love your post and I want to be in your shoes. I have always wanted to be a nurse working with children, but then acting and modeling came so quickly and easy, I thought God had other plans in my life. 12 years later, I have had a fun, hard, but blessed filled journey with my acting and modeling. I love it. However, more and more and more each day I hear the voice saying I wish I could work more medically with children.
I never went to collage, and to be honest I am terrified of going. Thinking I am not smart enough that its been so long since I have been in school at all.
I love working "volunteering" at Joe DiMaggios Childrens hospital being a photographer. I love being on the family advisory board and making a difference in the changes in the hospital to better children and their families.
This weekend I will be working at the childrens fair for disabled children and then another event for a foundation for Edan Mae who died from a pool accident.
However, I want to be MORE involved and even be able to make a little living on it. I see myself being a nurse, but must I go to college for 4 plus years to be one? Do you have any suggestions or thoughts for me?
Love to hear your input.
Thanks
Post a Comment