Monday, March 15, 2010

Down Hill

Casey's parents were in town and were generous enough to let us go on a date with another couple. Woo-hoo! I can't think of the last time we did this?? It was off to a great start! THEN.....we got the dreaded call that every parent hates to hear when they are out.......Luke was throwing up. Bless his heart! He painted his room and other places that night. He was miserable. The good news it was a 24 hour bug. He felt GREAT afterwards. The bad news is he shared it with his younger brother! Landry had it the next day. All I could think was this Spring Break better get better! ha:) In true Landry fashion, he had to add his own special touch to this virus. Hives!
Turns out he was just on the tail end of the virus and so his body was trying to get rid of it. I swear this kid is going to be the poster child someday for HIVES! ha.
Of course, I had to take pictures and document all of this for his Immunologist to see. They were in some crazy places!

Well, just when I thought we were in the CLEAR the next day.........everyone was feeling great and puke free.......we decided to go pick up some lunch since the fridge was about empty and I had not been to the grocery store since the boys had been sick. I get in my new car and guess what? The battery is dead. Great! auughh......so we made do and had a picnic outside anyway:) Hubby came home later that afternoon and jumped my car off. We loaded up and were on our way to IHOP for some pancakes. Mmm.....UNTIL I turn my head and just had that mother's instinct on Landry. I just in time reached both my hands back and placed them in front of him.....Blahhhhh.....OMstars! Here I am two hands full of puke, a hubby swerving all over the road not knowing where to stop, Lauren and Luke in the back gagging, and Landry saying "I feel better mom" HA!
Sometimes you just have to LAUGH~
After bleaching/Lysoling the house and
everyone feeling great it was time to START our Spring Break up again!
To be continued......

post signature


2 comments:

MLP said...

To be continued..........?!?!??!?!?

Funny thing is I keep knowing what is going to happen next!!! hee hee!

Glad the virus was short lived (kinda)...what am I saying?!? 24 hours is waaaaaaaaaay too long...especially on Spring Break and especially for TWO kids........and especially in your new ride!!!!!!!! UGGGGGG!!!

Glad ya'll are better and that your spring break picked up. I know it did...because we had some fun fun fun with ya'll!!!

angie said...

Oh Robin that sounds awful. Puke anywhere is not good but in the car...on you...is Terrible!! I hope it got better:-).