Monday, August 24, 2009

Meet the Teacher Night for Lauren and Luke

Tonight was a special night, we met the other 2L's teachers. They both start school on Weds. so it was really nice to see their rooms and meet some fabulous teachers.
It is going to be a great year!
Luke and his First Grade teacher, Mrs. Breitkreutz
Everyone calls her Mrs. B for short! She is as sweet as they come. A perfect fit for Luke.
Guess who is room mom again? I don't know how I get myself into these. Ha! (I really don't mind. I love being a part of my kiddos school)
Every year it never fails, someone questions Luke's age. He looks more like a 2nd grader (or even some 3rd) due to his size. Just one tall, sweet kid! I can't get over this precious boy is in first grade now.
Lukey, dad and I love you sooo much! Your big blue eyes and heart of gold will surely melt your teacher's heart. We wish you the very best at school. We couldn't be more proud of who you are becoming. When Weds. rolls around and it is time to drop you off at school I have no doubt my heart will ache a little to see you walk up to that little school. I will also smile with joy knowing all of the wonderful times ahead.
Love you to the moon and back Luke!
~Mom and Dad
Lauren has moved on........on to another school that is. She is now in Midway Intermediate School and I don't think her daddy and I can stand it much longer! When did our first born get so big? and beautiful? and turning into a little young lady?
Tonight we met all of her teachers.....all 7 of them. Wow! We were so impressed with this school. The kids are in colored blocks which means they will stay with their color at all times. Lauren is in the Orange block which means she will only go in the Orange hall for her classes. This cuts down on confusion and lost kiddos. I think it is a great way to get them ready for Junior High.

I don't think I have ever seen her so excited about school starting!
She is really looking forward to it.

This smile makes me want to cry! I mean that in a good way, it really warms my heart to see her so happy. Lauren has just really blossomed this past year into this independent, confident, and caring little girl. I can't get over that she is in 5th grade now. Where did my baby girl go? She is as almost as tall as me too. She comes right up to my chin. (I am not that short 5'5")
Wow, what a true blessing it is to watch her grow.


Lauren, when you read this someday I want you to know how much daddy and I think the world of you. You are one amazing young lady. We truly couldn't love you any more! You will always be one of my very best friends in life and a daughter who I am proud to call mine. My prayers for you this year is that you will just continue to blossom into this young lady who is loved by so many. You can do ANYTHING in life you set your heart out to do and remember mom and dad will ALWAYS be right there supporting you and your dreams.

We love you tootie~Mom and Dad
School starts Weds......praying for a great year!

post signature


6 comments:

Stacey said...

awww....it always shocks me so much more to read/see other kids getting soooo big! Don't know why it doesn't hit me that mine are growing up too....denial I guess! :-), Luke looks so happy and Lauren is such a beauty!!! Will be praying for you, my friend, on Wednesday! (and for the kiddos too!) and that Little Landry is tooooo precious, and already in pre-k??? Unbelievable!!

Tricia said...

I love the way you say prayers and blessings over each of your children surrounding significant life events. I hope evryone has a great school year.

MLP said...

Okay that last picture of Sweet Lauren really got me. She truly looks like a 5th grader! A beautiful, young lady...you are so right!!! I am teary teary eyed down here!

And Lukey Boy...oh, he holds a special place in my heart! I wish I could be his teacher. What a little dreamboat!!!

Love you guys and saying lots of prayers for our fave friends!!!

Mrs. Davison said...

Congratulations on raising , to this point, such wonderful children. They will be successful this year, you can just see it in their eyes. You're a great mom!

christy rose said...

Your kids are so cute! Praying that all of our children have a wonderful, blessed school year!
Christy

angie said...

What a sweet post!!! I am praying for you all this morning. Have a wonderful first day.