Sunday, August 9, 2009

Friends are Friends Forever!

One of my dearest best friends came to see me all the way from Arkansas. Jen and I met in Iowa at a Kindermusik class. Lauren was 1 years old and Jen was a nanny for an OB in town. She and little Peter would meet us for lunch all the time. God established a sweet friendship between us. We have kept in touch over the years. It has been 3 years since our families have been together. It was so good to see them and we had the BEST time with the Bryant family! Even our husbands enjoy each other
The 3L's with Zach and Will.
(You will soon understand why Zach has a bandaid over his eyebrow)


Weds. morning we loaded up the cars and made our way to San Antonio to see Shamu. We were all sooo excited. Everything was going fine until........something bad happened. Casey and I made a stop at Target (yes, I forgot something to pack......won't tell you what. ha!) so the Bryants went on to meet us at the hotel. Their rooms weren't ready yet so they decided to go eat just down the road at Rudy's BBQ. Zach stepped off the curb and hit his head hard on the concrete curb. Blood was everywhere. They rushed him to the nearest hospital (that was across the road and just opened up!). He needed stitches and a CAT scan. Bless his sweet little heart. (and theirs! Jen, I am praying for Zach) So the first day they spent several hours in the ER instead of Sea World. The last time the Bryant family was here visiting us is when Landry had his first allergic reaction that landed us in the ER. Jen and I joke now that this will be the last time we meet in Texas since one of our kids ends up in the ER!

Love ya dearly Jen~

Stay tuned for Sea World pictures.......

post signature


8 comments:

Tricia said...

Glad you had a good visit. I will pray for Zach. God bless.

MLP said...

Look at you two beautiful girls!!! So glad ya'll had this time together. Forever friendships like this are hard to come by.

I can't wait to see all the Sea World pictures!!!

Daveda said...

It is so wonderful the way that God joins us together with the right people at the right times. I love my "forever friends".

I stopped over here from the Secret life of an American wife and mom, and wanted to say hello :) so, hello.

I enjoyed your post and your pics. Please stop by sometime and "meet" me as well.

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, you were right around my area!!! Rudy's BBQ, SanAntonio, SeaWorld, etc. Too bad I couldn't have stumbled into you guys. How fun!

Glad you had a great time even though you had a slight mishap along the way. I promise it's not Texas' fault. =0)

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

it is amazing how God lands sweet souls together. I HOPE THAT THE REST OF THE TRIP WAS OK, SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ANOTHER ACCIDENT . PICTURES LOOK ADORABLE . I LOVE MY CLOSE SWEET FRIENDS, THEY ARE FRIENDS TO TEH END, NO MATTER WHAT , YOU MIGHT HAS LIKES AND DISLIKE'S BUT ANGAIN NO ONE IS PERFECT AMEN . gOD MAKES US ALL DIFFERNT . IT'S THE FRIENDS THAT CAN LOOK BEHIND THE FLAWS AND THE LITTLE INPERFECTIONS AND NOT WRITE YOU OFF ANRE THE FRIENDS THAT ARE TRUE TO THERE HEARTS AND God knows them so well. enjoy the rest of your sweet trip . no more accidents ok !!! next trip fla so we all can get together.

Faye said...

Oh robin, I have missed you guys! I am so glad you had a chance to vivit.I can not wait to see your sea world pics! Hope you all have a great week! Love Faye

christy rose said...

God is good like that to bring "forever friends" into our lives. It looks like you all had a great time!

angie said...

How great that you guys are still good friends. That is just terrible about the ER visit, poor little guy. I hope he was able to have some fun in spite of the head injury. I can't wait to see the Sea World pics!