Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Star on our hands....

In the previous post I mentioned that we all had our stars on our hands for TAKS day. What is this? Casey and I draw a star on our hands (somewhere that we can see it throughout the day) to remind us to pray for Lauren every time we see it. We place a star on Lauren's hand to remind her every time she sees it that mom and dad are praying for her today. Plus, she will always be our star! Sweet Lauren took her 4th grade math and reading TAKS yesterday and today....whew! She felt really good about it. Lauren said that kids would ask her what is the star for? She said, "It means mom and dad are praying for me today and that I am a star in their eyes."
Lauren's star.

I had several patients ask me before their surgery what is that on my hand. I would gladly explain and then lift her up in prayer. It kept me accountable to my promise to her.
This is Casey's star.


Lauren, someday when you ready this I want you to know that you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to. We will always support you, pray for you, and encourage you. Sweetpea, God loves you and so do we.
You are our shinning star!



post signature


5 comments:

MLP said...

Yes, indeed, you DO have a STAR on your hands............Sweet Pea Lauren!!!

I love this 'star' idea and I'm so glad you shared it with everyone. I just know I'll be using it someday.

I should have put a star on my hands today, too. I was certainly praying for that beautiful girl while she took her reading TAKS. Ugggg. It's over and I know she ROCKED the TAKS!!! Such a star!!!

Stacey said...

What an awesome idea!!! I just know she aced those TAKS..We've got TAKS fever down here in Boerne too....uggg!!! All three of the older kiddos are taking them this week....

Unknown said...

That is an excellent idea! I love it. I can't wait to hear how Lauren did on her tests. I bet she did amazing.

All American Family said...

LOVE the star idea! What great parents y'all are to do that. I'll have to remember that when my kids get older. Thanks for leaving a note on my blog.

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Robin, that is such a great idea! I will do this next year when my boy is taking his 3rd grade tests...I wish I saw this sooner as he just finished his 2nd grade testing. Darn!