Monday, November 10, 2008

Luke's Kindergarten Open House

I cannot believe I have two children at Spring Valley! It feels like yesterday Luke was going with me to pick up kindergartner Lauren from school. Now he is one. This is all happening too fast! My sweet boy was so excited about showing us his school work.

Luke is not a fan of coloring. He never was. Matter of fact when he started kindergarten this year he came home with a picture of a house. He only colored the door knob and turned it in. ha! As time goes on he is starting to enjoy it better. We have learned to appreciate all of the coloring papers he does because it true effort! He loves everything but coloring. That is fine with us:)

Landry can't wait to be a big kid like Luke someday.


We giggled at this.

My sweet Kindergartner!


He had to show me his favorite thing to do at school....the computer. He wanted his picture taken by each one but I had to explain that mommies camera is about to go out (notice the poor quality pictures....hint, hint Honey Bday coming up! haha)
This is Ms. Terrill. She is a student teacher. Luke just loves her.

Mrs. Fortenberry (Luke's teacher). She is so sweet to him and it was so nice to hear all of the nice things she said about my boy.......of course I already knew how wonderful he is! (jk)
(funny story)
At S.V. it is a big deal to NOT get a color change for bad behavior. Luke has been coming home so upset lately because he does not have his name up at all by the color changing wheel. At open house he showed us where all of these kids names are but not his. NOW it makes sense what he is saying! Mrs. Fortenberry said to him "Luke you will probably never need your name by that wheel so I didn't make you one." We had to explain this was a good thing. Poor kid thought he was being left out! Oh my, funny Luke. Sweet Lukey mom and dad are SOOOOOO very proud of you. You are a shining star to us! We love you Lukester! Keep up the good work.

post signature


6 comments:

Stacey said...

Awww. that is the cutest thing I've heard in a VERY long time. Luke you seem like a very woderful young man. Your Mom and Dad are so proud of you!! Good job buddy!!!

Stacey said...

Sorry, can't spell, can't type actually, spelling is ok most of the time... a very 'wonderful' young man...

MLP said...

AHHHHHHHHHH...that Lukey Boy is something else! Love this post about another favorite little boy I know and LOVE the pic of Luke with that other little favorite boy of mine (Lanny!). So cute and the story is darling. Doesn't surprise me ONE BIT AT ALL!!!

You go, Luke...love the truck driver thing. Troy will be disappointed to read that though. He is certain Luke is the best engineer yet!!! I agree!

Love you Lukey Boy and the Pierces are so proud of you, too!!!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

How cute! It is hard to believe how fast they grow- you got some really cute pictures- I never think of taking pictures for OH- I am usually too overwelmed trying to get to everyones class and giving EQUAL time=() you did good!

Our Complete Family said...

Oh how stinkin' sweet that Luke thought he was missing out on something for not having his name moved. What a cutie patootie and sweet good boy you have!

angie said...

Ok what a sweet little one:) Wanting his name on the color wheel on just too funny! Looks like he is having a wonderful year!