Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Spring Valley Pumpkin Decorating Contest

Lauren and Luke's school have a contest every year on decorating a pumpkin based on a character in a book. We had a hard time deciding this year! Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions. This is what we chose. .... (This is Landry's pumpkin. He wanted a pumpkin too! Lauren and Luke helped him decorate it.)
The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle
(Luke's pumpkin)

Henny Penny by Paul Galdone
(Lauren's pumpkin. Notice the small acorn on his back)

We turned in the pumpkins today. They will be judged Friday. It doesn't matter to them if they won. They just enjoy showing their friends their pumpkin.

post signature


5 comments:

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Awesome pumpkins- wow they did a good job! I am still sulking over no signature for my blog=) can't get it down- but thanks for your help!!!

Amanda said...

Wow, those are amazing!

Stacey said...

I'm highly impressed!!!!Great job!!!

MLP said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Those are AMAZING!!! I can't believe how good those are...well, actually I can! They should TOTALLY WIN!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO impressed!!!

Love those punkins!!! If I were a judge, Luke and Lauren would tie for first place!!! Seriously!

angie said...

AWESOME job, those turned out so good!!! All three of them are just great. I'm impressed. And about Tech, get your guns up!!! My crazy brother-in-laws are going to go and tailgate for Game Day, I'm a little jealous:)