One of these days a police officer is going to pull me over for driving erratically. He will probably be thinking I am driving while intoxicated, but he will be wrong. In fact, I will be driving while being a little teapot. Lately I am often a little teapot while driving. Let me explain......this is because my three year old has fell in love with the song (thanks to a silly kids song cd) "I am a little teapot short and stout, etc." You get it don't you? So if I am driving and Landry is singing and notices I am using my arms for some crazy activity such as steering, he will repeat "Mommy do it!" I can, in fact steer with my forehead, but visibility is a problem. JK! I am also forced to do the Hokey-pokey and making the itsy bitsy spider go up the water spout. But, the worst song from a driving stand point is "Where is thumpkin?" I do not recommend attempting this song while driving. This can create a confusion with other cars when it comes to "Tall man."
Today I found myself listening to the cd only to realize Landry was asleep in the back. ha!
Oh, the fun things we do as moms for our children. Good times!
6 comments:
Oh, I can completely relate. We sing Wheels on the Bus in the car, and Evie gets mad if I don't do the motions...
I love the picture you have up with this post. Super cute!
LOVE IT!!! I've always got my eyes out looking for ya'll on Hewitt Drive (at our fave spots). Now I'll look for something these moves!!! You are funny!
LOL! i can just see that. i've found myself doing things like that too. i've always thought having an extra set of arms for moms would be handy.
thanks for visiting!
Excellent! yesterday we were singing Jim Gill's "The Silly Dance Contest."
Do you know how hard it is to dance and drive at the same time?
And do you know how embarrassing it is when you're singing along, rocking out to the songs on the CD... and then you realize you don't have to listen to it anymore because you dropped the kids off at preschool 10 minutes ago? So embarrassing...
Got here from Blog Train...
too funny, at least little landry was in the car, I find myself listening to those CDs sometimes by myself!!!
Hey...thanks for coming by. Hope to see you again. I can totally relate. We moms have been given the uncanny ability to multitask...and that includes "when driving."
I have been able to go 65-ish down the high and retrieve a paci from under a child in a rear facing car seat....and never break my speed. LOL!!!
Post a Comment