Monday, September 28, 2009

Appy and Gmaw visit

There is something about seeing this white Tahoe drive up that makes all of us smile. Appy (my mom) and Gmaw (my grandmother and the 3L's great grandmother) live about 8 hours away from us. Every once in awhile we get a special visit from them and it pure joy to see them! Sometimes I think God knows just the right time to send them my way.Landry made Gmaw a flower at school that he has been waiting to give her.
These two ladies mean the world to me! I can't imagine my life without them.

This February Gmaw will turn 90. She sure doesn't act her age! She can still beat me in a race. ha!

After a long day we took a quick little family picture. Landry had decided he was done with pictures awhile back. ha!
These two are peas in a pod. Lauren reminds me a lot of my grandmother. Funny, smart, and sassy.
What I would give to have them closer to me! It is always good to have them here.
Love you mom and gmaw~Rob

post signature


4 comments:

Tricia said...

It would have been neat if you had gotten a picture of you and Lauren with your mom and grandma. Maybe next time. I am glad you had a good visit with family. God bless.

MLP said...

I love seeing that white Tahoe coming down the way, too!!! It's easy to see how you are so amazing, Robin. Look at your Mom and Gmaw!!! All beautiful and all amazing!!! Glad they were here! We love you guys!

angie said...

I'm so glad you got a visit from these two! There is nothing better than having four generations of women together under one roof!!!

E @ Scottsville said...

Yea, I sure wish my mama lived closer to me. She's about 2 hours away now, but is moving 5 hours away. I'll see her even less and miss her even more. But man.... I do love it when she comes down!!!

Great pictures. They're priceless!