Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Crikey! Is that what I think it is?

(Before I get to that, I wanted to give a quick update on my sweet niece Kyndall. She is doing really well and having a nice summer with her family. We still cover her in prayer and give thanks to all of the progress she is making) You will not believe what her mom and dad found in their back yard....an 8 1/2 ft. gator. yikes! Julie was letting the puppy out one morning to go potty and heard a splash in the pond by their house. She was soon looking into the mouth of a gator who was eyeing the pup. Scared her to death! They called in an expert to come get their "little friend" out of the pond. We all joked about the trap the man set. It worked!

Can you believe that is just a chicken leg on a hook?

Their "little friend" in the pond



Here is Brett Irwin with the gator. I guess I know what my brother is getting my dad for Christmas....boots. jk! By the way, the man did have to put down the big gator because he was too aggressive to move to a safer pond. Kind of sad for the poor thing but glad he isn't hanging out with my family in Louisiana anymore.



Brett, puppy, and gator.


I am not sure I want to go visit anytime soon. ha!


post signature


15 comments:

Tricia said...

Glad to hear Kyndall is making progress! We will keep praying.

And about the gator... reminds me why I don't live in the southeast US anymore. So glad I can now be called a midwesterner and no longer share space with gators! LOL

E @ Scottsville said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS!!! He's a BIG ol' thang!!!

Good thing she saw it!

I'm so glad to hear that Kyndall is doing so much better. Whew!!! Praise God!

MLP said...

CRIKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will definitely go and get my little Steve Irwin to check this out! Cannot EVEN believe!!! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So thankful for Kyndall and her recovery!!!

Angela said...

Oh my goodness gracious. I just showed my 16 year old the pics...Praise God for the update..thank you sis for letting us know..I've been praying for her and wondering how she was doing.

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

I am so glad that Kyndall is doing fine!

Funny you blogged about this today, we spent most of the day @ Caddo Lake looking for those things! Took the kids down to the bayou hoping we would see something! Nothing but turtles=)

Hope the summer is going well for you guys!

Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness!! That looks like something out of a movie! Whoa Nellie - I would have had a heart attack if I had seen that thing!!

So glad to hear Kyndall is recovering well! Great news!!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Great to hear that Kyndall is doing well! Thanks for the update!

And oh my word. That thing was HUGE! I get freaked out at spiders...I can't imagine finding a gator in my yard...yikes!

Tricia said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed reading yours. Looks like you have lots of fun!

I'm the second Tricia to comment on this post... :)

Tricia said...

Oh, I clicked over to Tricia's blog and we check in on each other from time to time. I didn't recognize this picture though. Small blog world sometimes, isn't it?

Beth in NC said...

I am so thankful to know Kyndall is doing well.

SCREAM! Ok, another reason I like living where I do. Sheesh!

Misty Rice said...

OK where do you live? LOL

Thats crazy stuff..... when I moved into my house, the first thing I put up was a fence because a few houses over a man had an alligator sitting in his backyard.

Crazy.

Larisa said...

OMG, that is all I have to say about this post...

So glad to hear Kyndall is better!!

Mikki said...

What cute pictures. Love the one with the puppy and the gator.. the dog looks scared to death.

We see that all the time here in FL. You even see them smooched on the side of roads.. so sad.. but I think they are like the mosquito's around here.. plenty to go around..

angie said...

That is like a real life nightmare!! So nuts!! If I were Julie I would have a hard time sleeping after that encounter:-). I do love the "bait" though... Very creative.

Amanda said...

So happy to hear that Kyndall is doing good!

I would freak out if something of the sort was near my home. No Thank You!