While Casey and I were on our trip my parents kept the 3L's. They traveled to Hereford (8 hours away) to spend the week with Appy and Grandad. They had the best time! My mom let them have a picnic almost everyday. Nothing like sprinkle donuts and eating outside. (I think I know why she did this. ha! Sprinkles?? Great idea Appy!)
Grandad read to them every night. I remember crawling up in my dad's lap as a little girl for him to read to me.

They got to spend some time with their cousins, Alex and Cade. We only see them at Christmas time so this was a real treat. Alex and Luke are the same age (6yrs). Landry and Cade are the same age (4yrs).
Alex and Luke

Cade and Landry

Lauren Nicolle
The also got to spend time with their Great Grandmother who we call G-ma. She is in her late 80's and you would never know it! Here she is jumping in the bounce house with Landry.

The 3L's (and me!) love their great grandmother. Gma always comes with my mom when they come to see us. I am really close to her. She not only is my grandmother but one of my best friends. Her funny words of wisdom I will always cherish in my life. She can tell it like it is! One of my favorite sayings from her is "Well, put that on that list of you can't do a darn thing about and move on girlie!" I love it when the 3L's get to spend time with her. I hope to be just like her someday!

My mom was brave enough to have 5 grandkids spend the night at her house. (They missed Kyndall and Griffen!) My mom took this picture of the boys eating their ice cream outside. It won't be long and these boys will be big ol' teenagers.
Lauren loved spending time with Jade.
They had lots of water gun fights. I think one of the neighborhood boys came over to play with them. It soon turned into a cops and robber game. The neighborhood boy was voted the bad guy. My mom said you could hear them yell "Come on cousins, let's get him!" The 3L's were having a great time.
They got to spend some time with their cousins, Alex and Cade. We only see them at Christmas time so this was a real treat. Alex and Luke are the same age (6yrs). Landry and Cade are the same age (4yrs).
Cade and Landry
Lauren Nicolle
The 3L's (and me!) love their great grandmother. Gma always comes with my mom when they come to see us. I am really close to her. She not only is my grandmother but one of my best friends. Her funny words of wisdom I will always cherish in my life. She can tell it like it is! One of my favorite sayings from her is "Well, put that on that list of you can't do a darn thing about and move on girlie!" I love it when the 3L's get to spend time with her. I hope to be just like her someday!
We call my mom Appy because Kyndall was the first grandchild born and she named her that. As a little girl, Kyndall could say Nana (sounded like banana) for Julie's mom but couldn't say grandmother for my mom. They came up with the idea of let's call her Appy because Kyndall could say apple. Silly I know but the name has stuck with all the grandkids. She is one of the most loving, generous women in my life. I look up to her a lot. I hope that the 3L's will know the same kind of love from me that my mom has always given to me growing up.
Grandad has some old trains that the boys can't wait to get their hands on when they visit. Cade and Luke especially love the trains.

Another picnic outside

Grandad took them fishing. This was the 3L's first time to fish. Even though they didn't catch anything they had a blast. I heard all about the worms on the hooks and how they decided to let the worms have a race on the ground instead.
Times like this I hope are forever imprinted in my kids hearts.

Appy and Grandad always take them to feed the ducks. I think my mom keeps bread and cereals just for this special treat with her grandkids. They all love it!
Lauren, Luke, and Landry had the best time with their grandparents. The 3L's are very lucky to have two sets of grandparents in their lives who love them so much. Casey's parents and mine always go the extra mile for the 3L's. What a blessing it is to have them!
Another picnic outside
Grandad took them fishing. This was the 3L's first time to fish. Even though they didn't catch anything they had a blast. I heard all about the worms on the hooks and how they decided to let the worms have a race on the ground instead.
Thanks Appy and Grandad for keep the 3L's.
We all love you so very much!
7 comments:
Oh, you were so blessed to get pictures of it all!!! And I'm loving the pics with their great-gma jumping in the moonbounce. NO WAY IS SHE IN HER LATE 80's! My grandparents are in their early 80's, and there's no way they could either one get in a MOONBOUNCE!! You've got some good genes to look forward to!!! =0)
When I first heard about you and Casey's wonderful tropical vacation, I felt a little bad for the 3L's missing out on that wonderful vacation ~ well, I WAS WRONG ~ it looks like you and Casey missed out on the GOOD TIME!!! I love all the memories your parents made with the 3L's ~ what a SPECIAL week for them and one that you can be sure they will never forget! Still some of my fondest memories of my childhood are with my grandparents and cousins!! I am always so thankful that my husband and I can go out for the evening or leave town, and know that our daughter is just as happy and comfortable with my parents and in their home, as she is with us! It looks like a GREAT TIME was had by all!!
Your tribute to your parents and grandma was so moving it made me tear up and I don't even know them. They must really be special people. Count your blessings.
This is a wonderful post!!! We just can't get enough of grandparents...EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Yours are AMAZING! I love them like my own!
Gma's famous line is the BEST!!! I will totally be remembering that one.
Love the pics...it's obvious the 3L's had a BALL!!!
You are ALL blessed indeed!! Loved the pic of the dog front and center hearing the story!! What sweet memories for the 3 L's!! No way is Gma in her 80's!!! and LOVE her saying....truer words have not been said!!! Have a great week!!
WHAT AN AWESOME POST!!!
My girls call my Grandma - Gma too!!!
This makes me miss my Grandma - she lives in New Jersey and I haven't seen her in over 3 years!!!!
What a fun week they had. It is so nice that they are beaming in every single picture! It makes it a lot easier to leave them when you know they will have a blast! I love the "come on cousins' line- LOL Tell your mom she sis a great job taking pictures!!!
Post a Comment