The past years she has done Elmer The Elephant, Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer, and Clifford The Big Red Dog. This year we will have to decorate 2 pumpkins. One for Lauren (9) and Luke (5). I am looking for suggestions. Does anyone have any favorite character in childrens books that you think would make a great pumpkin?
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Pumpkin decorating contest.......need some help!
Lauren and Luke have a pumpkin decorating contest at their school. They are to decorate a pumpkin (not carved) based on a character in a book. The past three years Lauren and I have done this together. It has become something we really look forward to doing.
The past years she has done Elmer The Elephant, Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer, and Clifford The Big Red Dog. This year we will have to decorate 2 pumpkins. One for Lauren (9) and Luke (5). I am looking for suggestions. Does anyone have any favorite character in childrens books that you think would make a great pumpkin?
The past years she has done Elmer The Elephant, Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer, and Clifford The Big Red Dog. This year we will have to decorate 2 pumpkins. One for Lauren (9) and Luke (5). I am looking for suggestions. Does anyone have any favorite character in childrens books that you think would make a great pumpkin?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh gosh, I'm sooooo bad at this creativity stuff....the cat in the hat?, humpty dumpty?, is oscar the grouch considered a character in a book? curious george??? I'll ask around... Good luck...
This is NOT where your Hoodie on the corner can help much!!! Let me think...I'll get back to ya!
You should post pics of your previous pumpkins...they were SO awesome!
Hmmm, the only round thing I can think of is 'Bob the Tomato' from Veggie Tales. They do have books, but it might be considered more of a movie theme. Maybe you could find a sorta football shaped pumpkin, put a wig on it and make it into Dora. Geez, it's hard to think of only books. Sorry. Good luck and have fun!!!! We're not allowed to have any parties at Brandon's new school. Party poopers:-(
How about Laura Ingalls with yarn braids or Junie B. Jones with glasses and a missing tooth? Or Pippi Longstocking - that was originally a book. For Luke, I like the Curious George idea too. Or, I wonder if you could come up with something from the stinky face books? Those are really cute. You are a good mother to enjoy doing this with your kids. I dread school projects. We have a Science Fair this year - in first grade!!!
UUMM...not much help here...all I keep picturing is Wizard of Oz...like a tin man pumpkin... or a glittery red shoe, a lion?? My favorite author is Eric Carle. So mabey like the Very Hungry Caterpillar, or the Grouchy Ladybug?? Again, not too helpful. Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of what you decide.
....paddington bear, country mouse, city mouse? It's hard trying to come up with a character that is half-way pumpkin shaped!!! and from a book...rainbow fish...I like the idea of you posting some pics of your previous years pumpkins, that may inspire us...Love the Bob the tomato idea!! most of the characters that I know are from very young readers stories. The older kiddos characters baffle me...Scott likes the Captain Underpants books...Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland???
Post a Comment